The Process of Closing
The process of closing takes average of 50 days and consists of all that happens between the time you accept an offer until the close date, which is the date when ownership of the home is officially transferred to the buyer.
What to expect
- The close date to most likely chance a few times
- some issues will for sure arise . . . this is normal and all part of the process
YOUR HOME WILL NEED TO BE ACCESSED BY THE FOLLOWING:
- Property inspectors
- Buyers real estate agent & the buyers
- Insurance agents
- Respond quickly to appointment requests, and allow them access to the property when they need it. This will help prevent delays and move the process forward.
- The property inspector will most likely find some issues that may need to be repaired or addressed before the close date.
- In your contract you should have including a maximum amount you are prepared to pay to fix property issues.
To Do Checklist
- Make sure you pay all your bills ahead of the close date so they don’t interfere or delay.
- Notify your insurance company of the home sale.
- Be prepared to takeout extra insurance to cover the property if the close date is delayed.
- Touch base with your buyer and their agent weekly to make sure everything is in order for the close date.
- Stay professional and friendly throughout the whole process not mater how frustrated you may feel. Remember delays and issues are normal and all part of the process.